1. The meaning behind my URL: My high school english teacher used to call me Dot Parker because I loved Dorothy Parker and I have the same birthday as Dorothy Parker and the same sharp tongue. It has nothing at all to do with The Pretender.
2. Weakness: Coffee, well-written fanfiction, Harry Potter novels, cardigans, good art supplies.
3. Why I love my best friend: A couple months into dating Jacob, he asked, “You’re my best friend, right?” And it was the sweetest thing. Marissa is my best lady friend because we are nerdy girls together and even when we aren’t in the same fandoms, we still squee along with one another because that’s what friends do. One of the greatest things I ever did was stand at her side as she got married and I can’t wait until she stands beside me as I do the same. I sort of think she’s the only one who will be able to talk me down from booking it out the door at the last second. I DON’T LIKE CROWDS.
4. Last time I cried and why: I don’t cry a great deal, but my grandparents getting older makes me cry a lot. I woke up in the middle of the night crying not that long ago because I had a bad dream about them.
5. Piercings I have: I have two holes in each ear, but I only ever use one and I always just wear pearl studs. I’ve had my belly button pierced twice - on the bottom and on the top but both holes have closed because my skin is too sensitive.
6. Favorite Band: The Weepies
7. Biggest turn off(s): Sexism, greed, stupidity
8. Tattoos I want: Marissa and I have matchy, matchy Harry Potter Chapter Stars. Mine are on my ribs and I love them. Sometimes I think about getting them on the other side so they match. Sometimes I think about getting a Harriet the Spy tattoo.
9. Biggest turn on(s): Intelligence, sense of humor, a cute booty.
10. Age: 27
11. Ideas of a perfect date: Fancy serious dates make me super nervous. I like to just go out and eat burgers and have some drinks and take a little walk holding hands.
12. Life goal(s): Not starve to death. No, I mean. I have a Masters Degree and I would like to really put that to use. I don’t want to rule the world, I just want a 40-hour job with health benefits. I want to get married, which is a pretty new goal. I want to write a novel and a children’s book. I want to spend as much time with my nephew and niece as I can.
13. Piercings I want: None, over it.
14. Relationship status: Happy! It’s our anniversary this week! He’s so great! I would leave him in a hot second for Amanda Tapping though, and he knows it.
15. Favorite movie: The Philadelphia Story
16. A fact about my life: My parents are the w o r s t but thanks to great grandparents, my brother and I turned out pretty well.
17. Phobia: Lobsters. What the fuck, lobsters. What is your problem.
18. Middle name: Lauren.